Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rest & Rejuvination


Yestday I spent the most wonderful day with my girls - Katie and Monica. They planned an outing for us to celebrate our birthdays. We had a message, then came back to our petit maison for a soak in the hot tub. Then we zoomed over to the salon for maniucures. Next we met at the hair salon for cuts and color. Our final stop was at the Laura Mercier counter for a makeover. I am exausted from all the pampering. I look forward to doing just one of those treaments. Its tiring to do all of it in one day! I am not complaining mind you! Monica is a natural beauty and doesn't need to do a thing to her beauful face. She has perfect skin and her smile lights up her whole face. After the make up application she looked gorgeous. They put on just enough to make her features stand out, but you could hardly tell she had applied makeup. Katie had fun trying everything out and asking lots of questions. By the end of the appointment, she had 4 technicians working on her to our one. More than anything, I enjoyed spending the day with my daughters. I am so blessed, I can hardly contain myself. Its fun to do things like this togethr and enjoy our womanhood. We love the girly girl treatment every now and enjoy doing together. But today is back to the chores. I will be putting away the winter clothes and taking out the summer wardrobe. Can't wait to wear sandals again. Guess I better schedule a pedicure!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Je suis tellement bénie de faire partie de la famille Spencer. J'aime bien La Petite Maison de Spencer aussi! C'est très tranquille!

Jason said...

We are also so proud of our cousins LiLi and Chris for creating, along with help from the Lord, lit'le bébé Christian!

Jason said...

17th Century German philosopher Samuel Pufendorf stated that the three main duties we have are duties to God, to oneself, and to others in that order.

17th century British philosopher John Locke argued that the laws of nature mandate that we should not harm anyone's life, health, liberty or possessions. For Locke, these are our natural rights, given to us by God.

Maybe they, along with many others were on to something. If the students of today learned about men like these, perhaps there would be a different atitude of God in our lives today.

McMaster & Storm said...

R-
After our website launch we need to do the same thing- a spa day! Glad you enjoyed it with your daughters, fun memories.
I'm so happy everyone loved the staplers.
I believe I tucked in the white choc. w/ creamy mint center candies. Yes, we'll be selling our favorites treats online..soon, we promise.
Best,
Kara & Darcy too