Saturday, May 17, 2008

Amazing Grace

Its been a particularly tough month at work. Lots of uncertainty and changes. Demands and strife abound. I am daunted by the power of God and the strength and peace that He gives so freely. His word and promises keep me grounded and balanced. Truly His Grace is Amazing. I am so grateful to have a supportive and Godly husband who prays for me daily. I am humbled by the way my children have grown in grace and have their own walk and faith in God. That my little ones have the ability to council and encourage me in their young adulthood. I am thankful that God sees me as sanctified and not in my sin - which is what I deserve. I am so undeserving of His love and redemption. But His Grace is greater than all my sin!


I am comforted each day as I return to our Petite Maison and find rest and rejuvination. We have twin baby fawns that were born this week. They are covered with little white spots and have spindley legs. I hope they will make their home in our enchanted forest and we can enjoy watching them grow up. All of the trees are full of leaves again and we can start to plant the flowers for summer. The flowering vinca and bocopia are two favorites that we tuck here and there for little bright spots among the bushes and trees. Today we will plant the flower boxes and take the garden furniture out of hibernation.

Jim wants to go to le brocante (flea market) tomorrow to find the things we can't live without - but didn't know it! I will look for crowns, tiara's and vintage jewelry. I love all types of ephemera too. I hope to find well loved books with lovely ornamental script and hand drawn illustrations. Maybe I will get lucky and find some old ledger books too. Don't know why I love paper - but I do.

No comments: